I am founder and lead pastor of Christ Church, a thriving 8,000-member multisite and multiracial congregation in northern New Jersey.
For nearly 25 years, I have coached leaders all over the world in organizations, churches, government agencies, and universities. This vast breadth of leadership experience is the greatest gift I can offer you.
Quite a number of books on the market decry the ills of prejudice and deliver the plea for reconciliation, but few tell us how to build cross-race relationships. This book is for you if you desire personal coaching in proven strategies that help you develop meaningful friendships that reach beyond your cultural walls into someone else's life. The Skin You Live In will guide you toward answers to the following questions:
- Am I cross-racially attractive?
- Do I unconsciously reject people of other cultures?
- How do I develop strong interracial relationships?
- How can I lead a multicultural team?
- What does a healthy interracial friendship look like?
- How can I help others embrace diversity?
The Skin You Live In | NavPress, September 2012
David D. Ireland, Ph.D. | 176 pages | $14.99
Paperback | Christian Living/Social Issues